Stormy Lake Sunrise Bay
Large cottage on deep clean lake - great fishing and swimming
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathroom(s)
- Max. Adults 8
Sunrise Bay on Stormy Lake - One of Our Executive Haliburton Cottage Rentals
Why Choose Sunrise Bay for Your Family Vacation?
- Sunrise Bay is on the charming deep and clean Stormy Lake in the Haliburton Highlands
- This beautiful lakefront cottage is situated on a well treed one-acre property for great privacy
- Guests love the large cottage which provides a wonderful mix of traditional cottage charm with modern amenities
- A great 3 generation family getaway – sleeps 12 guests in comfort and style
- As part of our Signature Collection, à la carte Cleaning and Linen Services are available
- Located within one of the Seven Hamlets that make up the Geocaching Capital of Canada!
Family Activities to Enjoy While Staying at Sunrise Bay:
- Two kayaks, a canoe, paddle boat and a row boat available for guest use
- Beautiful rocky shore line with shallow walk-in area to a hard granite base and small area where infants can play
- At the water’s edge you will find a deck attached to the dock to enjoy the sun and deep, pristine water of Stormy Lake – 10’ deep off the dock
- Enjoy a game of badminton or croquet in the large grassy area by day and stargazing at the large lakeside fire pit by night
- Great opportunity to enjoy fishing for bass, perch and lake trout
- Looking for a daytrip? The Haliburton Forest and Wolf Centre, Sir Sam’s Ski/Ride and Algonquin Park are all within easy reach
6 of the Best Features of Stormy Lake Sunrise Bay:
- Cottage has 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is equipped with laundry facilities and WIFI
- Fully equipped kitchen and large dining area, perfect for family meals
- Open concept living room featuring a propane fireplace and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake
- Sunroom with walk out to the BBQ area and expansive, two level sundeck featuring a BBQ, deck chairs and a beautiful lake view
- Three generation families enjoy plenty of space both inside and out with beautiful views of the lake, from the dock, lakeside deck or fire pit
- Close to Haliburton Village and the town of Gooderham for everything required to complete a perfect holiday
How Cottage Care Rentals can help with your Vacation at Sunrise Bay:
- Concierge Services that provide Linens and Cleaning
- Timely information leading up to your vacation
- Careful matching of guests to cottages
- Assistance in finding the right activity or dining experience in the Haliburton Highlands
Your two adult dogs are welcome at Stormy Lake Sunrise Bay
Your team at Cottage Care Rentals "TeamCCR" has an amazing BLOG - filled with cottage inspiration, tips and much more - please visit, enjoy and share! https://www.teamccr.com.
#cottagecarerentals on Facebook and Instagram to share your family fun at the cottage with us!
When you rent a cottage with Cottage Care Rentals you are automatically signed up to receive our blog posts.
- Cleaning Supplies
- Laundry Facilities
- Pillows and Blankets Provided
- Starter Supply of Paper Products
- Coffee Maker
- Fridge and Stove
- Kitchen Linens
- Pots and Pans
- Toaster Oven
Bedroom 1 Main Level
- Queen Bed(s) (1)
- Ceiling Fan
Bedroom 2 Main Level
Bedroom 3 Main Level
Bedroom 4 Lower Level
Bedroom 5 Lower Level
Bedroom 6 Lower Level
4pc and 3pc
- Board Games
- DVD Player (1)
- Stereo Player (1)
- Television without HDMI (1)
- VCR (1)
- BBQ (Refillable Propane)
- Deck Chairs
- Fire Pit
- Parking Spaces (6)
- Patio Furniture
Rocky shore line with deep entry. There is a very small area where infants can play.
- Canoe (1)
- Kayak (2)
- Paddle Boat (1)
- Row Boat (1)
Important guest information:
- Park on gravel driveway. Do not park on grass. It will crush the septic bed.
- Guests need to bring their own pillows and blankets for summer 2020
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens are not provided - you will need to bring your own, unless otherwise arranged during the booking process.
- A starter supply of tissue, paper towel and toilet paper is provided - please replenish what you use.
- You will need to clean the cottage and grounds as well as remove the garbage when you check out.
- BBQ Gas is provided as is a starter supply of campfire wood.
A Welcome Book, located on the kitchen table, contains important guest information - please ensure you familiarize yourself with its contents, such as:
- Garbage information
- Location of cleaning supplies
- Power failure instructions
- Primary contact information
- Wifi service is limited to emails and light browsing - no streaming please.
Should we have to do an emergency clean and/or remove any garbage, fees will be applied per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to. Please note: a security deposit of $500 may be applied. Details provided during the booking process.
All of our cottages are checked in between each group of Guests to confirm that everything is in order for your arrival.
- Check in time is 4pm and check out is at 11 am.
You will need to bring proper size life jackets for everyone participating in water activities.
The Owner appreciates you enjoying the cottage and we all hope you have a wonderful vacation.
1,100 up and 1,100 down
- Region: Algonquin/Haliburton Highlands
- Closest Town: Haliburton
- Lake: Stormy Lake
- Exposure: East North East
Rates & Optional Services
*There is an Service Fee of $200.00 + $26.00 HST = $226.00 with every booking. This helps us run our platform and provide services such as 7/24 support on your trip.
2021-06-21 to 2021-08-31
|N/A||$2,990 *||1 Weeks|
|Fall, Winter, Spring|
2020-09-14 to 2021-06-20
|$360 *||$2,250 *||3 Nights|
2020-10-08 to 2020-10-12
|$475 *||$2,990 *||3 Nights|
- Cleaning: $250.00 per stay plus HST
- Security Deposit: $500.00 per stay
- Linens: $300.00 per stay plus HST
There is a deposit required of 30% of the rental rate plus the Service Fee and HST upon booking and we will use your VISA, MC or Discover card for that.
The balance is due 30 days in advance of your arrival by email transfer, post-dated cheque or credit card.
Thank you for choosing us to create your cottage memories!
Review of R. L.'s stay in Aug 2019
Guest Comments: The value and enjoyment of this cottage is in the living space, screened in porch and large outdoor deck with greenspace for games. We all commented that we would like a cottage closer to the water as we are all water people, or at least a place with more sitting area at the water edge. Stairs going down are a bit tricky in one section...a couple of folks tripped. Suggest bath mats in bathroom for showers and cold floors. Kitchen extremely well stocked. We did have to buy a new latch for the door in the screened porch as it kept blowing open. Lake views also make this cottage very enjoyable. Water excellent for swimming and the location is on a quieter part of the lake which is nice.
Submitted: Aug 2019